Sunday, September 8, 2013

A "new move" of God? Really?

I read an article today that claims there is a "new move of God" coming.  I'm curious.  Did God ever move the original move of God someplace secret? It seems that way considering all these folks that keep looking for a move of God.

Too many Christians, today, are busy seeking that "feel good", those "holy ghost goose bumps", that "I'm here but not here" type feeling from every move that comes their way. I've heard of people driving hundreds of miles to experience these "moves of God". What makes them any different than staying at your home church and experiencing God? That's right.  They have "signs" showing what God's doing.  Doesn't YOUR church have signs?  If not, what's the problem?  The Word of God says that signs will follow them that believe.  Does your church have this belief in God?  Why do people in churches pray for God to show up? Aren't you supposed to be taking him in WITH you?  I mean, when someone becomes a Christian, God lives inside him/her via the Holy Spirit. If you have to pray for God to show up, did you leave him at home to watch the game..and then end up praying He's got time before the game to make His presence known?

How foolish are you to think that God does something new.  Is there a new way of healing? Is there a new way for provision?  Is there some new way of salvation that the Holy Spirit forgot to tell the writers of the Bible? I'm curious.  What exactly makes something a "new move"?  Does God contradict  HIS Word where it says "I am God. I change not"?

Christians have made God to be some new age godlike person that "enters us" upon reaching a "worship state of mind".  You know, that state of euphoria that is experienced in most charismatic churches....and "new moves". I've heard people laugh.  I've seen people, on videos, barking like dogs. These things, my friend, are NOT from God. God gives us laughter in exchange for mourning. God will NEVER make someone bark like a dog. God will NOT make someone roll all over the floor. I'm even beginning to question the "slain in the spirit" aspect of most "moves of God".  Most of those who fell on their backs were struck dead. Most who were really in the presence of Almighty God fell to their faces. I've "hid" my face numerous times.  Not because I was afraid of God.  But because it was so overwhelming and awe inspiring. There have been times that I've fallen to my knees due to this presence. Now, which is truly being "slain in the spirit"?  The position of death or the position of being humbled in the presence of God? Thing is, they can both be.  HOWEVER, if it's the feeling of being so overwhelmed by God that you seek, try just getting into HIS word. Stop chasing a mere man. Stop chasing everything that gets classified as a "move of God".

How about this:  just stop chasing God.  God's NOT running away from you.  In fact, the exact opposite.  God is always with you.  It is WE who run from God.  If you don't "feel" God, it doesn't mean He's not there. It means that YOU aren't doing what YOU'RE supposed to be doing.  How do we get closer to God?  It's sure not by chasing a man or a move.  It's by getting into God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment