Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"White Privilege"...does it really exist?

Back in the day, admittedly, there was "white privilege". In times past, blacks were made to sit in the back of the bus; blacks were made to drink from separate drinking fountains; blacks were made to enter businesses through a back door. In today's day and time, this no longer exists. How truly sad that the racists attitudes of the day are determined to keep minorities down under an invisible thumb of cultural slavery. Yes, cultural slavery. There are those who are being told that to "behave differently or think differently" than one's culture (in the eyes of the media) is to hate oneself, race or "people". Why is it that many choose to believe this lie perpetuated in order to gain complete control over an entire group of people? What's truly mind-boggling is the FACT that these same people believe they are "thinking for themselves". Thinking for oneself means stepping OUTSIDE the lines of race or culture, gaining information, and making an educated decision based solely upon facts. It does NOT mean following someone because he/she makes you feel better by making you seem inferior to others. I'm saddened that our young people, today, are being taught this tragic mess. Forget that everyone has the same right to success. Our young people, today, are being taught that "whites" or "non-minorities" are responsible for keeping everyone else down. Why is this? Why would anyone choose to allow himself/herself to be told that he/she is inferior to someone based solely on the color of skin or ethnic background? Yes. Cultural slavery. Why would anyone choose to remain in a cultural box and allow another to hold the key? That is what people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson do: put people in a box and retain the key. THEY dictate what those people can and can't do. THEY deceive the masses into believing that non-minorities dictate how they, the minority, will be treated. THEY say that "whitey" is the problem for everything. I don't recall ever seeing a "white college", a "white scholarship", a "united white people's college fund", a "white entertainment television", a "white awards program". I do, however, see BET, United Negro College Fund, NAACP,  Black Colleges, various "black" awards programs. There are even awards programs geared towards latinos. Illegals are given a free ride to education, on all OUR dimes. That's NOT "white privilege" (even though people still think Zimmerman is a "white-hispanic).

Someone would say that, upon a black man and white man entering a store at the same time, the black man being followed, that the white man had "white privilege". How about this:  how did each present himself upon entering the store?  What was said through their body language?  What was the look in their eyes? I, too, have had someone "grill" me in a store.  I had a black store manager NOT believe when I told her I'd put $20 into a self checkout.  She even had the deputy at the store watch the security video.  Where was that "white privilege"? If I enter a predominantly black clothing store, and I get "that look", where is the "white privilege"?  If go into a neighborhood, in which I don't live, and police are called on me, where is the "white privilege"? If I attend a predominantly black church, and feel the stares, where is the "white privilege"?

How about Affirmative Action? While I do believe that, at one time, such was needed; however, in todays day and time, it is a tool used to make sure that jobs are given to someone based solely on some racial makeup required for an employer. Heaven forbid that a more qualified candidate get the job...Affirmative Action is solely about race. Someone claimed that I, as a "government and socially called white woman", am able to take advantage of it due to being a woman. Why would I want to do that? I want to be judged on my qualifications for a job, NOT because I am a female. Others should want a job based on their qualifications, not the color of their skin. Affirmative Action degrades any individual who takes part of it.  It degrades the hard work someone has done in order to use skin color as a hiring tool (or even education).

I really don't care about the color of someone's skin. I care more about the content of someone's character. I care that people choose to pull themselves up out of the mire and succeed through hard work. I care that people NOT fall slave to cultural slave masters. I care that people realize THEIR value....NOT the value dictated to them by those who make money off of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment